Crystal Radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystal Radio

I have lost confidence in the admin of this board. So it is with heavy heart,
    that I can no longer support it. I will more than likely start my own board in
    the future, with all the content from this one and even more. So goodby everyone
    and remember "to be aware is to be alive" until we meet again
    Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 02:26 AM.

We used to do this when we were kids.

Comment

the future, with all the content from this one and even more. So goodby everyone
      Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 02:26 AM.

Comment

It is near 65 years since my brother and i made one of these, and I would be no help at all.

Mr Google is your friend.

OC

Comment

Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 02:27 AM.

Comment

You can buy a bunch of battery radios for about $5 each, and keep them in a drawers somewhere.

I have one big battery/electric one in the kitchen, and about 4 or 5 small ones about the house and the BoB etc. Same with torches and candles.

......and LOTS of batteries!.

OC

Comment

Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 02:27 AM.

Comment

"in a simple to make radio"

Where do you buy crystals etc nowadays? And why bother when a radio costs $5, and the battery has a 7 years shelf life?

Comment

Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 02:28 AM.

Comment

The radios are made without crystals by winding magnet wire around a mandril a specified number of turns and tuning with another wire

No crystals are needed unless you make your earpiece out of a quartz crystal, which you can
                    http://quietsurvivalist.com

Comment

Working...
                    X