Strings and things

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strings and things

i have been teaching myself how to knit hats and gloves..the first goal was to eliminate bits of leftover wool yarns from my weaving...I had A few colors and lots of natural white. I love fair aisle designs, but had not experimented with how to make it, so I went online and down loaded a few free patterns..there are free knit and crochet patterns everywhere. In one week I made five hats, and a pair of fingerless gloves. I am hooked on patterning now and my small pieces have disappeared. Next I realized that all my current stash of yarns were for clothing, so I purchased a large amount of cotton..these will be used for dishcloths, throws, placemats etc. I will also be placing a large order for more wool. In addition, I have lots of raw fleece for my spinning wheel. Today, I have an appt to look at antique treadle sewing machine cases. I had purchased a new sewing machine a while back that is electric or treadle. Love the machine, but need a new case. My next purchase will be basic clothing patterns and cotton, wool, and flannel fabrics. I learned how to sew at six years old, so that is a skill I already know.

Comment

I have lost confidence in the admin of this board. So it is with heavy heart,
      that I can no longer support it. I will more than likely start my own board in
      the future, with all the content from this one and even more. So goodby everyone
      and remember "to be aware is to be alive" until we meet again
      Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 02:17 AM.

Comment

thanks for posting this, great videos and info

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          No problem It's kinda what I do

I've been searching for good fingerless gloves for my daughters who are 12 and 8 years old. I used to love the ones with the little cover that could be either pulled over the fingers or folded back to expose the fingers. If you've found a pattern similar to that, please let me know. Thx!

Comment

• Ollady
          Ollady commented
          Editing a comment
          Ravelry.com has a few in knit or crochet

Here is one that my friend used for her daughters, instead of the small anchoring finger bases, she made it one hole for a mitten and she converted it to be sewn rather than knitting to be quicker. I liked these as they have the flap, plus a button for the flap. She used polar fleece, and after all was said and done they were about .20 cents to make. If you find any more, or make any please post pictures. Knitting and crochet are fun but not my forte- I am like an ADHD spider with it, wish I could!! Good Luck~ Dy

Comment

Great info both of you. Thx!

Comment

the future, with all the content from this one and even more. So goodby everyone
            Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Yes, fish and aviary net and snares, and well intruder traps...bears or other 2 legged types! I am doing some things on snares, so there is a section on making your own. Here in KY there are not many, but some still make nets by hands with cotton and the wooden rings- small and large- gill, trammel, flag. Its definitely an art. Depending on how fine your string is, you can make particulate filters, as well as wicks. Paracord cannot be used as a wick in an oil lantern we just found out tonight we he was doing an experiment for an upcoming piece, I guess that makes sense as its nylon and cant soak up fuel etc.

Comment

Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 02:18 AM.

Comment

cool video thanks for posting- good info to have

Comment

Working...
                  X