Plastic Bottle Solar Water Distiller.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Bottle Solar Water Distiller.

I have lost confidence in the admin of this board. So it is with heavy heart,
    that I can no longer support it. I will more than likely start my own board in
    the future, with all the content from this one and even more. So goodby everyone
    and remember "to be aware is to be alive" until we meet again
    Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 02:19 AM.

I have to agree distillation is indeed the safest process. It's certainly not the most time efficient. I have seen several ways of making the yield larger by creating a larger distiller contraption. I'll have to see if I can run down some of those videos in the next few days.

Comment

Here's one that's worth looking at. Obviously you couldn't build this is a bug out situation, it would have to be built in advance and set up at your BOL. Basically you fill the one end with the dirty water, it condenses on the glass in the heat and then rolls down and drops off into the trough at the bottom. He certainly seemed to get a fair amount of water in 5 hours time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoyVxUf4Zr0 or you could buy this one already made https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDk8rujVIho

Comment

Sorry for the typo, "Thanks" again for posting the links

Comment

• Megan Stewart
          Megan Stewart commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad to help. I've seen that one before actually but now that I found it again, I may just add it to my project to do list! With all that's going on in society right now, a water distillation system might be a great thing to have on hand!

I have lost confidence in the admin of this board. So it is with heavy heart,
        that I can no longer support it. I will more than likely start my own board in
        the future, with all the content from this one and even more. So goodby everyone
        and remember "to be aware is to be alive" until we meet again
        Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 02:19 AM.

Comment

• Megan Stewart
          Megan Stewart commented
          Editing a comment
          Love that stove top one because it's so much faster plus I'm assuming it would work just as well on an old fashioned wood cook stove which is what I'll have at my future location. I wonder if the spiral could go around the stove pipe like I've seen them do for heating water? Then it could just be connected or disconnected when you need to distill water. I'm thinking of kind of a two in one system? Get hot water and distilled water from the same copper tubing?
      Working...
      X