Nuclear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuclear

What to do when nuclear happen and how to prepare for it ,it a real threat these days

I am discounting this scenario!

I do not think that men like Putin or the POTUS, want to see their country and themselves incinerated.

The old view of MAD - "Mutually Assured Destruction" still applies and has done so for about 70 years. In my view NOBODY is going to throw nukes all over the planet knowing that they will get back the same things the same day!

Comment

I agree with you OC but aren't there some in the world that are willing to destroy their own country and themselves?
      And then there are all of the nuclear power plants here that may or may not be able to cool their waste fuel due to some long duration grid failure.
      additional info.
      Last edited by Rod; 12-06-2016, 10:43 AM.

Comment

I truly hope that is not going to happen, I am not prepared for that scenario. I can remember the fifties when all of my parents friends were building bomb shelters, I don't want to do that!

Comment

I don't think all out nuclear war is surviveable and who wants to live with radiation poisoning anyway? not something i'm prepping for.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Codger View Post
            I am discounting this scenario!

I do not think that men like Putin or the POTUS, want to see their country and themselves incinerated.

The old view of MAD - "Mutually Assured Destruction" still applies and has done so for about 70 years. In my view NOBODY is going to throw nukes all over the planet knowing that they will get back the same things the same day!

I think the attack would be more against our, nuclear power plants? Through hacking and or sabotage? Does anybody know if our plants, are militarily protected?

Comment

• Ollady
              Ollady commented
              Editing a comment
              I don't believe the ones in Alabama or TN are. You are supposed to have a badge, but I think they just have security guards

Nukes are an 'Act of war' no matter what the target, and would trigger a nuclear response.

If any were insane enough to try it, they would naturally target the things that can retaliate in other words Command centres, missile bases, ships and airfields. Most ICBMs now are 'MIRV'd with maybe 2 to 10 warheads per missile. Depriving the enemy of power would be secondary. Thus I discount any 'EMP' scenario.

But like I have said, MAD will continue to save us until a fanatic such as our peace loving brothers get their hands on one.

JMO

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Old Codger View Post
              Nukes are an 'Act of war' no matter what the target, and would trigger a nuclear response.
              If any were insane enough to try it, they would naturally target the things that can retaliate in other words Command centres, missile bases, ships and airfields. Most ICBMs now are 'MIRV'd with maybe 2 to 10 warheads per missile. Depriving the enemy of power would be secondary. Thus I discount any 'EMP' scenario.

But like I have said, MAD will continue to save us until a fanatic such as our peace loving brothers get their hands on one.
              JMO
              OC
              What I was talking about was a forced nuclear melt down and a power plant, not a missile attack. I have also described how a natural EMP issue, took out some serious electronics in my home. So EMP is very likely, during thunder storms.

Just some things to think about and easily compensate for, with a few Faraday cages
              Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 12-30-2016, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Good topic, but what does it have to do with EDC?
                SuburbanSteader.com - Thriving In The 'Burbs!

Comment

Originally posted by Suburban Steader View Post
                  Good topic, but what does it have to do with EDC?
                  Nothing. Topic moved.

Comment

Working...
                  X