Hello

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

I am a new member of this forum. I live in the US, in the great state of Illinois. Hawk is a pseudonym, of course. I like to keep my identity somewhat private, at least until I warm up to new people. This is hard to do when you spend a lot of time on the Internet, because you usually leave traces. But, at least, I know I will make it hard for the majority of people to get their hands on my private information. So, I am not trying to hide anything, it's just old-fashioned common sense.

Here are some facts about me:
    • I am a published author of a self-help and personal protection book "How to protect yourself like a pro".
    • I am currently working on 2 other books
    • Prepping is a way of life for me
    • I love it when I find people that share views and interests with me
    • I welcome the challenge when people don't share views and interest with me
    • I find (respectful) debates very, very interesting
    • I recently started blogging at selfhelp.institute (I read the forum rules, but please let me know if this is not allowed)
    • I am trying to develop a blogging schedule, but it seems like technical work on the blog takes at least 75% of the time
    • I would love comments and advice of any kind about my books and articles
    • I will use said comments and advice to improve my work (I know I need it)
    • I am friendly and open to discussion, please do not hesitate to contact me, no matter the topic
    I exhausted the list of I's, at least for now. So, how about you? What got you into prepping? What's your favorite prepping story?

Hi Hawk,

Welcome to the forum, I'm looking forward to learning from you, as do the other members!
    Always stay safe,

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan.

I'm glad to be here, so much to learn, so many new people to talk to.

Comment

• dan_f_sullivan
        dan_f_sullivan commented
        Editing a comment
        Feel free to edit your signature and add links to your website. "Go to your user settings (from drop down menu in the top-right corner)...go to the Account tab...then scroll to Conversation Detail Options."

Welcome to the Forum!

Living in Southern California got me started in prepping; wildfires, earthquakes, riots (coming up on the 25th anniversary of the LA Riots!), economic uncertainty, drought, etc. really make one head in the direction of being ready for stuff hitting the fan!

Comment

Hello there, welcome!! This is a lovely group, you should enjoy your time as much as I do. I am pretty new too!

Comment

I've lived most of my life in rural Missouri, so I'm not too far from your neck of the woods. Prepping and survival has been a way of life since I was a child. I have lived in Illinois as well and I'm sure we could share some stories.

Comment

I grew up in Northern California. Started prepping about the time the trilateral commission was formed. Decided to leave and move to the south...love it here

Comment

Working...
            X