Why this sub forum?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why this sub forum?

I asked Dan if would create the forum for the ladies, to discuss issues unique to them, that they might not feel comfortable sharing in an open forum. Women have inherent strengths and weakness concerning survival that most men just can't understand. I won't go into what they are but surly the women know what I mean. So hopefully, this can be a safe place, for women to express there concerns and or resolutions, to their unique circumstances in an environment conducive to support. I would imagin any overt sexism or "fem bashing" would be met with a quick response, from our Administrator.

Great idea, but could probably be broken down again into former military and those without a military background. I'm sure the mindset is totally different when it comes to specific issues.

Comment

Sure, we can split forums if it make sense, but for now, since there aren't any topics, it's best to keep them all in one place. Once the subforum grows, I will definitely consider it
      Always stay safe,

Dan

Comment

Just came across this, https://www.girlscoutsccc.org/conten...nualMY2016.pdf bet it brings back memories

Comment

Okay, I'll try to contribute something here: I hate the idea of mres, I hate looking at websites with prepackaged so called nutritious emergency foods that will not give you enough food or calories to survive, many that are filled with additives I can't pronounce. So just a few suggestions. How about making your own meals, and pack them into Mylar bags or jars. On the market is potato soup, chili, stroganoff, and spaghetti to name a few. So if you were to purchase the following items, freeze dried and without additives, you could make the above meals and more..thus releaving food fatigue. Diced potatoes, cheese bits, powdered milk, spices, hamburger meat, tomato powder, noodles, gravy mix ( I make my own) beans. The amount of food in each can will make several meals..you will be learning to cook with what you stored and be giving yourself and family nutritious foods.

Comment

If anyone needs ideas on canning, dehydrating, soaps etc..I am willing to help or post recipes. Latest attempts were canning cheese, and butter. The cheese I did in half pint jars...a bit time consuming, but cream cheese and cheddar came out the best..the butter was easy to do, but I could taste a difference between the fresh and canned, storage probably should not be more than a year.

Comment

I think this forum should be locked with a pw and it only be given to women? Of course we might have some men try setting up false accounts, to see what the ladies post? Then we have those who IDENTIFY as women, that use the men's room and Idk what to do about that? Anyway ladies, if that's something you want, ask Dan

Comment

Be powrrfull as one....We can learn of each others....Men's can learn of a woman...We are complementaire...More here....Be open, open mind... Progres and Be helpfull...There is a raison we are all together on this forum 💜

Comment

True that. but to not realize that women share particular differences, that present unique challenges in a survival situation, would be obscuring the obvious. Example and I won't dwell on it, while a man can be raped, it's more likely to happen to a woman. I don't want to talk about unique hygiene concerns or unwanted pregnancy after the shtf. So perhaps you can see why the thread should be locked and or restricted to just women? But hey the assumption that women would be uncomfortable, was my male biases and if the gals are OK, then who am I to say different?

Comment

I'm not sure vBulletin has the option to restrict a forum based on the user's sex.. I looked but couldn't find anything
                    Always stay safe,

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dan_f_sullivan View Post
                      I'm not sure vBulletin has the option to restrict a forum based on the user's sex.. I looked but couldn't find anything
                      Maybe pw protect the particular forum, then only give it to those saying they are of the feminine persuasion?

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it since no one really asked any questions here yet..
                        Always stay safe,

Dan

Comment

The most possibel of womans are surviving alone in some place, there Will be also so much possibility she met a men....As woman, and mother alone I am convinct mens had to know also everything about a woman....More if she Will be a mother. Dont separed the forum we have to learn of each others Also womans van talk in a private message NO ? Stay strong.....Stay safe

Comment

OK, sure not a problem
                            Always stay safe,

Dan

Comment

Leave it open, we are here to learn from all, besides maybe a man has the correct answer once in a while lol

Comment

Working...
                              X