Could you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you?

I have lost confidence in the admin of this board. So it is with heavy heart,
    that I can no longer support it. I will more than likely start my own board in
    the future, with all the content from this one and even more. So goodby everyone
    and remember "to be aware is to be alive" until we meet again
    Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 03:00 AM.

I live everyday with electricity, I assume you meant without..I believe I can, have done it before during storms. One year it was out seven days..finally bought a generator. What I had trouble with: laundry, and food in freezers. I had an earth stove to cook on and heat the house, hurricane lamps, and a small propane stove. Since then, I have moved and really miss my stove. My house is totally electric. So for Christmas this year I asked for a propane heater ( got it) and I have ordered a propane stove. I figured I could use it for canning and baking as well. Next step is to order a tank from local propane dealer was thinking of about 150 gallons any thought on that?

Comment

the future, with all the content from this one and even more. So goodby everyone
      Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 03:00 AM.

Comment

They lived OK without power until Mr Edison came along!

OC

Comment

LOL.... I live everyday without electricity, as in grid tied electric. I do take advantage of lots of solar items like flashlights, etc....And things I can charge with DC, etc. No refrigerator or freezer yet which sucks at times.

Comment

i lived for 12 years on a plot of land in an old wooden trailer, no electric, no mains anything, cooked over a camp fire, water from the river, toilet was a hole in the ground, grew my own fruit and veg and shot my own meat, loved every minute of it and would do it again tomorrow given half a chance.

Comment

Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 03:01 AM.

Comment

being prepared has nothing to do with huge stockpiles of stuff, that's okay for the "hunker down" period but what will save us long term is skills and the knowledge to use those skills, without these we are only delaying the inevitable.

Comment

Not much use being a carpenter if your wife and kids are starving! You will be in competition with all the other carpenters,

Comment

depends if you can do some carpentry for someone and get paid in food!!

Comment

Agree, but it compresses your customer base greatly. And the carpenter next door and the one up the road will be in competition.

OC

Comment

if they survived.

Comment

Yep, I suppose that will apply to all of us.

;-)

Comment

My daughter said, I hope I'm killed in the first wave, as I like my life the way it is, and would not like to live in this new world. Does she have a point? It would be very difficult for those born in the 70s until now. Maybe only the old will survive and would be valuable again as in native Indian societies.

Comment

• grumpygremlin
                              grumpygremlin commented
                              Editing a comment
                              I've had many people say that to me on forums over the years, many -especially youngsters who have never know any different way of living.

it will apply to a huge portion of the population, accepted estimates of survival rates are somewhere in the region of 10% or less.

Comment

Working...
                            X