No announcement yet.

Could you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Survival will be a combination of many factors, preps, luck, determination and personal strength of character.
    OC

Comment

So to get this thread back on topic gremlin, why don't you share with us some of the things you did while living off the grid? That's really what this thread is about.

Comment

I thought I said? I grew my own food-fruit and veg, I shot small game for meat with an air rifle, water came from the river that ran alongside the land-2 rivers in fact but only one was clean the other came down from the clay pits and was pure white, used that one for watering the crops. grass was cut with an old motor mower and the grass collected was composted along with kitchen waste. toilet was a hole in the ground, dug on a weekly basis and filled in on the same time scale. lived in an old wooden we call them caravans you probably call them trailers, oil lamps(paraffin-Kerosene?) for light and a paraffin heater for warmth-winter only.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpygremlin View Post
          I thought I said? I grew my own food-fruit and veg, I shot small game for meat with an air rifle, water came from the river that ran alongside the land-2 rivers in fact but only one was clean the other came down from the clay pits and was pure white, used that one for watering the crops. grass was cut with an old motor mower and the grass collected was composted along with kitchen waste. toilet was a hole in the ground, dug on a weekly basis and filled in on the same time scale. lived in an old wooden we call them caravans you probably call them trailers, oil lamps(paraffin-Kerosene?) for light and a paraffin heater for warmth-winter only.
          Each and everyone of those skills you posted could be elaborated on, for the benefit of the board and it's members.
          How did you grow your food in what type of soil what did you grow?
          Did you track you meat and what exactly did your meat consist of did you butcher your own and how?
          What type of air riffle did you use?
          How did you compost and give us some tips perhaps on composting?
          Where did you buy your paferin heater what make and model is it.

You see gremlin there is a lot you cn offer to the board. So be helpful with details. Thanks.

Comment

Well I have planned for my daughter and family tat live near me, I worry about the ones in California.

Comment

Working...
            X