How 2 make Penicillin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How 2 make Penicillin

Instead of buying the fish stuff, learn how to make it here, http://urbansurvivalsite.com/homemad...ive-when-shtf/

Making penicillin is very tricky, and could kill you if you don't know what you are doing..more than just mold.

Comment

Originally posted by Ollady View Post
      Making penicillin is very tricky, and could kill you if you don't know what you are doing..more than just mold.
      Good point Lady, perhaps it's better left undone? However I don't think storing the fish stuff, is a good idea either. Shelf life and the fact that's unregulated, just gives me pause. Fact is, we over use antibiotics anyway and should fight infections more naturally. Just my opinions of course

Comment

I agree with you, I would try to find alternatives...but I do believe if you research it, there are antibiotics with long shelf lives...also consider hypodermic needles.. Crushed penicillin can be injected as well in a medium

Comment

Colloidal silver is said to be a wide spectrum antbiotic, and would store forever if made and stored properly, ie made with distilled water and kept in sealed sterile glass jars. I wouldn't recommend buying it as it is one of those products where you really don't know what is in it, but Silverwell makes a machine where you can accurately dial in the PPM. A little pricey at first, but after the initial cost a few silver rods will last you a long long time. It can run on mains AC or even 6 - 36V DC from batteries.
          Read or Download the Doom Survival Guide

Comment

I don't want to rain on your parade but the mayo clinic says, there is no known benefit of using colloidal silver for anything and can in fact be harmful. http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-li...r/faq-20058061 I would keep my distance

Comment

Notice I said "said to be". I've never tried it myself but I don't think it would be harmful if it is nothing but small particles (single atoms?) of silver in distilled water (12-20 ppm is the recommended dosage) and as long as it isn't taken every single day, but rather as you would an antibiotic. The people that ended up blue were taking it every day for a long time and doing things like adding salts for some reason which put a lot more in the mixture. A glass a day for a week has got to be less risky than home made penicillin. There might be something to it, and I don't know if I trust big pharma to be honest about their "studies"

Comment

The mayo clinic isn't " big pharma ". It's a long established and recognized medical AUTHORITY that I would trust, before sudo science. Point to just one accepted medical report or journal, to back up you claims and I'll give it a look. Otherwise this looks like more conspiracy theory type stuff cumming out these days

Comment

Was watching Ncis and they were talking about a guy with a blue tattoo. Turns out he was using colloidal silver

Comment

I'm not sure if Brent A Bauer MD counts as authority, but this study is certainly not pseudo-science: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...MBD-01-467.pdf

Regarding argyria:

"Excessive amounts of silver compounds or long term treatment with silver(I) (22) can cause argyria. This is discolouration of the skin or tissues which is generally irreversible but does not seem to be harmful." ... "Canadian women were found to ingest 7.1 mg daily from their food, with no apparent ill-effect (24). Acute oral toxicity ranges from 2 to 30g (8)."

Excessive consumption of water can kill you too, so best to avoid that?

A glass (let's say 300ml) of 20ppm colloidal silver contains 6 micro grams silver, it's hardly going to kill you or turn you blue.

I'm not claiming it's a panacea cure-all but being sick in a SHTF scenario certainly can kill you, so it's worth looking at all alternatives with an open mind, isn't that the point of this forum?

And regarding authority in general... Pennywise has a song which sums up my sentiments.

Comment

Thank you for providing the PDF I did skim through it. From what I can tell the main topic of discussion is silver nitrate NOT colloidal silver so I'm not sure what your trying to prove with it's inclusion here? However the report is by Julia L. Clement and Penelope S. Jarrett not Brent A Bauer so again I'm not sure why your trying to credit someone else with the report?

Bottom line, the biggest proponent of colloidal silver seems to be those, profiting from it? When we look at the ACTUAL data, we find it to be UNWORTHY of consideration for our preps. NIH states why here, https://nccih.nih.gov/health/silver I'll also provide an unbiased opinion here, https://orionsyndicate910.wordpress....loidal-silver/

As to why our board exists? At the moment it's at the pleasure of our founder Dan F. Sullivan. In our discussions the desire to provide ACCURATE information to our members is of great importance to us. We feel that this will define us as DIFFERENT from other boards that go off " willy/nilly on unsubstantiated opinions, while rejecting FACTUAL data.

You are of course entitled to your opinion but in the face of facts opinions don't really matter now do they? I understand that it is not your intention to mislead readers but your really do want to know the facts, b4 going off half cocked. Thanks anyway but I stand by my earlier conclusion, to not use colloidal silver and am very confident in my advise to members, to do the same.

Comment

That's fair enough, but even though there's nothing conclusive I will still consider it for my own preps due to its historical use - perhaps. It's not something I will be wreckless with so it will either help or do nothing. (I'm talking maybe once a day for a week once a year in the case of an infection - if that). It's just a shame that there are so few options for antibiotics that will store well in the long long term or be easily and safely reproducable.

As far as antibacterials are concerned however, there are many natural sustainable options such as garlic, eucalyptus, tea tree oil, eucalyptus oil. I don't know of any growable antibiotics unfortunately.

Oh also Brent A Bauer was the author of the post from the mayo clinic. What I was saying was that the mayo clinic might be an authority of sorts, but Brent A Bauer, while being a doctor, isn't. I was being facetious.

Anyway between us I believe we've thrashed the issue enough for people to come to their own conclusions. The question is - is it erring on the safe side to steer clear of it completely, or to have it just in case?

I had a friend who was taking colloidal silver to fight a pretty severe allergy to dust mites, he was making it using the device I posted a link to earlier. Unfortunately we've been out of touch for some time so I can't ask him if it did him any good. I'll endeavour to get in contact again and ask him how it went.

Comment

Originally posted by DoomGuy View Post
                          Unfortunately we've been out of touch for some time so I can't ask him if it did him any good. I'll endeavour to get in contact again and ask him how it went.
                          I hope you can use conventional methods to contact him and not a Ouija board

Comment

Haha I'm pretty sure he's still around, hopefully not blue

Comment

I was able to get a colloidal silver kit at an estate sale, looks like most of it is in tact and has a book..got it for $1.00 missed out on the solar generator still in the box, also found a few books on prepping in the mix..interesting, there was no food, some guns and ammo though..also a loading set to make ammo.. There was soooooo much you could not see it all.

Comment

Working...
                              X