Illness and death

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illness and death

not a fun topic, but in a shtf scenario, would you leave behind the terminally ill loved ones? And if not, how would you care for them, with little resources? How would you bury them if they died? All things to think about in your bug in or bug out plans.

in a large catastrophe communal graves will be the only way to go, cremation of a human body takes too much wood and you may not want to draw attention to your location even if cremation was possible.

Comment

During the Potato Famine in Ireland in the 1840s, it was common for the oldest generation to simply walk into the bush and allow themselves to perish, thus leaving the next generation with a greater chance of survival.

Pandemics in the past saw a similar thing and I expect that to happen again. As a member of that group I can easily contemplate such an act, in some form.

OC

Comment

yes i am sure you would, you seem the type to do a self less act like that, but most wouldn't.

Comment

At very near age 78 it would be selfish and pointless to take food from the mouths of a child or grandchild. The very reason I have prepped so much for so long is for the survival of family.

JMO

OC

Comment

I see the reasoning, but I am thinking more of a situation where the choice may be survival versus education and example. Not much use learning a lesson if you are dead from starvation.

Happens all the time in places like Africa!

JMO

OC

Comment

an older person has just as much to give to others as youngsters have, also we have as much right to life as anyone else. i'm not committing suicide just so some brat thinks he's got more right to live than me.

Comment

Wife and I are VERY aware that we only have maybe 5 years or so to go. Our family tree says so!

All our preps are in fact for the benefit of our kids and grandkids, and hopefully allow THEM to survive the mess. But we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

OC

Comment

Working...
                X