A Better Search Engine!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Better Search Engine!

I have lost confidence in the admin of this board. So it is with heavy heart,
    that I can no longer support it. I will more than likely start my own board in
    the future, with all the content from this one and even more. So goodby everyone
    and remember "to be aware is to be alive" until we meet again
    Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 03:08 AM.

http://www.duckduckgo.com ?
    Always stay safe,

Dan

Comment

the future, with all the content from this one and even more. So goodby everyone
      Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Interesting, I should test this.
        Always stay safe,

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Skills b4 Gear View Post
          Enter https://www.startpage.com/eng/? Scroll down the page past the congratulation box, to see how it protects your privacy and security. Enjoy
          Hey, I checked this out and I did get different search results. Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing it!

Comment

You say 'paranoia' like it's a bad thing! It's just a healthy concern for keeping things close to the vest.

Comment

Originally posted by Skills b4 Gear View Post
              I don't like duckduck because when I did a side by side comparison to Google the same results came up. Starpage brings up different results. Although that isn't conclusive proof of cohesion with Google in the duckgo case, it does lead me to believe that they use the same algorithm and I just don't trust it. If you haven't guessed I'm pretty paranoid. However, that doesn't mean they aren't watching me
              It depends on whether or not you were in incognito mode, on whether or not google knows your location and so on. If it knows it, it will bring in customized results So if Starpage brings up different results than google, that's a good right, right?
              Always stay safe,

Dan

Comment

Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 03:09 AM.

Comment

So Dan what search engine would you recommend? I use my Kindle fire for almost all internet needs, but also have a laptop. Thanks for any suggestions.

Comment

I would go with startpage, but keep in mind that if you're using it from within chrome, you still haven't ditched Google. There are private browsers out there if you're willing to try them such as http://www.browzar.com
                    Always stay safe,

Dan

Comment

Working...
                    X