Prison wisdom.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prison wisdom.

I never have been nor do I ever see myself being in prison but that doesn't mean, we can't learn from them. Prisoners are in many ways the ultimate survivalists and while shelter and food are provided by the government, little else else beyond basic medical attention is given. The brutal "predator/prey" mentality is also something to consider in terms of self defense. So what can we learn and how might we put the convict mentality to good use for us. I have already discussed in another thread how the methods used by inmates for hiding contraband can be used to our benefit when hiding our props in apartments, now let us turn to the other skills one might learn in prison, that we can use to our advantage. Some things we might discuss are,

Self defense
    "Pruno" making, a type of toilet wine
    Bartering
    Gang formation similar to prepper groups maybe?
    Improvised knife making (shivs and shanks)
    Captive coercion, manipulating those who have you under their control.
    Physical fitness without gear

And a plethora, of other things we can learn. So go into the yard and tip out with homies, then come back and enlighten us all.

Interesting article, my daughter is a social worker at a prison, and recently told me all the things they have found on searches and what they make virtually out of nothing. Wine was one of them as is beer, she told of battery stoves, their complex bartering system, how they hoard foods, just before a lockdown, and of how their communication system works within groups. I was pretty amazed at the complexity of the whole thing. She said they are allowed to purchase foods from the snack store, and that they can judge when the next event will happen by the amounts being purchased. She has found all kinds of weapons made from common kitchen stuff. They seem to like her, and tell her when to call in sick or wait til she leaves for the day to start something

Comment

not sure I want to take advise from some losers in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpygremlin View Post
        not sure I want to take advise from some losers in prison.
        That doesn't matter, we can all learn from even the worst of us. And as I have said in another thread this board isn't just about you

Comment

you should learn from the best not the worst.

Comment

you should learn from the best not the worst.
            In context of the op, your response makes no sense and since I'm the op, I can say that with complete confidence. We're not talking ethics we're talking information.

Comment

yes and you will be informed how to do something the most worst way, prisoners may survive in prison- many do not come out alive again so that is debateable.

Comment

yes and you will be informed how to do something the most worst way, prisoners may survive in prison- many do not come out alive again so that is debateable.
                Again you obviously don't understand the intention of the op. It's not how can we do the best we can, It's that prisoners have to make due with the least and make the most of it.
                Shake downs for contraband make hiding things almost impossible. In a survival scenario where your your location is compromised, you may need some unusual hiding places including your keester. Learning how those, under the most scrutiny, are able to make weapons, booze and other useful things can only be of service to a prepper where resources may be lacking and or absent. Does that clear up the intention of this thread?

Comment

I get your point. not sure I want to use it but I get your point

Comment

I get your point. not sure I want to use it but I get your point
                    Again it's OK if you don't use any of the information offered on this board. We are not dictators who say you must do anything (mostly). We do however present information that might be of use to our members regardless of what they will or won't use. "IF IT DON'T APPLY, LET IT FLY". And just move on to another thread.

Comment

I get a lot of my information from reports on how people coped in other times like Germany 1923, Zimbabwe, Russia, Berlin and Tokyo 1945, and Venezuela etc etc etc. The ones that lived through it are the experts.

One interesting point was that garbage collection is often fragmented or non existent, and supermarket bags are a VERY handy item. Barter comes to the fore VERY early in the chaos. Etc!

JMO

OC

Comment

I have lost confidence in the admin of this board. So it is with heavy heart,
                        that I can no longer support it. I will more than likely start my own board in
                        the future, with all the content from this one and even more. So goodby everyone
                        and remember "to be aware is to be alive" until we meet again
                        Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 02:52 AM.

Comment

I get a security warning on that site.

Comment

I have lost confidence in the admin of this board. So it is with heavy heart,
                            that I can no longer support it. I will more than likely start my own board in
                            the future, with all the content from this one and even more. So goodby everyone
                            and remember "to be aware is to be alive" until we meet again
                            Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 02:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X