Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A multitool shovel possibly worth consideration?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A multitool shovel possibly worth consideration?

I have lost confidence in the admin of this board. So it is with heavy heart,
    that I can no longer support it. I will more than likely start my own board in
    the future, with all the content from this one and even more. So goodby everyone
    and remember "to be aware is to be alive" until we meet again
    Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 01:04 AM.

I did a review of the ABP Tactical shovel a while back and it was awesome. It is the second shovel I have owned and is by far the better of two. I agree that a shovel is not a necessity, but this shovel has some hidden features that are a necessity. It has a ferro rod, a knife, a screwdriver, a glass breaker, and a compass all built into the handle. I probably will not have a chance to use it in a survival challenge until May, but I have really beat it up around the homestead and it has held up nicely. As far as uses, it can be used for conventional digging and the spade can be turned to 90 degrees to use it as a hoe. Of course, as is with any small shovel it can be used as a close quarters weapon in a pinch, and this one actually has one edge sharpened. It also works well for removing bark or limbing up poles.

Comment

I have lost confidence in the admin of this board. So it is with heavy heart,
      that I can no longer support it. I will more than likely start my own board in
      the future, with all the content from this one and even more. So goodby everyone
      and remember "to be aware is to be alive" until we meet again
      Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 01:04 AM.

Comment

I would agree that most tools with multiple functions are not as effective as tools with one specific purpose. I will say that this particular shovel is about as good a digging tool as I have ever found. That is no exaggeration. I would put it up against a basic military shovel any day of the week.

Comment

Working...
        X