Off-grind Communication?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Off-grind Communication?

My name is Randolf, and I built this device that allows your smartphone to send instant messages, images, and GPS locations even when we have no cell coverage.

The device is like a 2-way radio that communicates with each other through long-range radio frequency. It also hosts its own Wi-Fi access point, so you can connect your phone (or computer) to it. Then you just open your browser and chat/send selfies/share location with other people who also have a device.

Typical range on the device right now is around 5km/3mi. I’m working to add mesh networking so you can increase the range by relaying data through other devices in the area.

I would love to hear some comments/feedback/suggestions you guys might have!

The Prototype

Well I hope you didn't join this forum just to promote your gadget
    Always stay safe,

Dan

Comment

I'm sure the op meant off grid rather than off grind but I think this might be an interesting item that preppers would welcome? I'd like to know more and have a demo version for review. While my preps are very extensive and complete if there is one area I lack in it's communication. This could be the answer for me and my team?

Oh and I agree with Dan that spam just hurts a forum so I to hope your here for more than just pushing a product?

Comment

We'll know if the OP ever comes back..
        Always stay safe,

Dan

Comment

I'd certainly love to know more about this gadget. Being able to communicate with my adult children and extended family members during a crisis and to have access to wifi from my phone? That would be amazing. Can you give us a video demonstration or some additional details as to how it works? Can any cell phone be modified to work with this gadget? Give us more info please. Are you looking for beta testers? Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X