Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are all the places in your apartment where you keep your stockpile?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes but your talking about barter in the good times, i'm talking about barter post SHTF when someone will slit your throat for your last chicken leg or can of corned beef.

Comment

I have lost confidence in the admin of this board. So it is with heavy heart,
      that I can no longer support it. I will more than likely start my own board in
      the future, with all the content from this one and even more. So goodby everyone
      and remember "to be aware is to be alive" until we meet again
      Last edited by Skills b4 Gear; 04-15-2017, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Barter comes to the fore soon after disaster strikes, We have seen such in many countries when stuff becomes unavailable.
        I expect that to happen here too.

...and why not cover the possibility?

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it"

JMO

OC

Comment

the future, with all the content from this one and even more. So goodby everyone

Comment

There are 2 places in most apartments no one has mentioned and maybe its from never looking at what is right in front of them and underfoot.

A/C units have 2 sets of ductwork. You have the feed into the house or rooms and then the return. The feeder duct has big jumps in temperatures which might not be great for storage but the return ducts are consistently room temperature and are usually huge for their purpose. As long as air flows freely you can use them for storage .

A bent screw so you only have to turn it 90 degrees to open and close works well. Get some white anodized screws so the scratches wont show like they do on painted screws. If your ducts are bare metal its better because it doesn't show tampering as much as paint

A shelf painted to match the color in a closet, above the door on the inside works great and easily missed even in a detailed search

Buy a large electrical enclosure, mount it with some electrical conduit leading into a blind hole in the dry wall, put decals saying high voltage and put it in the open. Its so obvious its devious. I know a guy who has 3 of these in his shop running 3 phase but only 1 is hooked up, the other 2 are gun safes.
            Last edited by Quietsurvivalist; 01-10-2017, 01:32 PM.
            http://quietsurvivalist.com

Comment

Comment

I like all of skills ideas and the Ac and electric box ideas..its been a while since I was in an apartment...but as my dad who was more like a survivalist growing up...became a jewelry shop owner and was scared someone would follow him home and murder them or forcibly make them go back to the store etc...as it had happened to a few there helped me do some things when i lived in an apartment way back when. The headboard was hollow and thats where my pistol and jewelry were stored...it had room for some things at 6x4 foot. most thieves check out the freezer, but then freezing in fake boxes can do it.
                the spaces from the ceiling to the cabinets he put a fake wall on, and then the walls are hollow, so a removable face. In his house he had things like this. Desks and drawers fake backs 4"deep, things like that

Comment

Originally posted by DyannJoyce View Post
                  I like all of skills ideas and the Ac and electric box ideas..its been a while since I was in an apartment...but as my dad who was more like a survivalist growing up...became a jewelry shop owner and was scared someone would follow him home and murder them or forcibly make them go back to the store etc...as it had happened to a few there helped me do some things when i lived in an apartment way back when. The headboard was hollow and thats where my pistol and jewelry were stored...it had room for some things at 6x4 foot. most thieves check out the freezer, but then freezing in fake boxes can do it.
                  the spaces from the ceiling to the cabinets he put a fake wall on, and then the walls are hollow, so a removable face. In his house he had things like this. Desks and drawers fake backs 4"deep, things like that
                  Did anyone find his stuff? Just curious
                  Always stay safe,

Dan

Comment

No, hes still going strong, his wife did donate some books that had money in them lol

Comment

Working...
                    X