Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are all the places in your apartment where you keep your stockpile?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes but your talking about barter in the good times, i'm talking about barter post SHTF when someone will slit your throat for your last chicken leg or can of corned beef.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpygremlin View Post
      yes but your talking about barter in the good times, i'm talking about barter post SHTF when someone will slit your throat for your last chicken leg or can of corned beef.
      No someone will slit YOUR throat. My team and I would be all over that, like white on rice. So you would be wise to just trade and be gone.

JUST CAUSE THEY SAY IT DON'T MAKE IT TRUE And if it comes from Info Wars or Alex Jones, it's probably BULLSHIT!

Steve Bannon in his own words, speaks on Breitbart and the alt right http://www.theinvestigativefund.org/..._nationalists/

Know the FACTS b4 going off half cocked

Comment

Barter comes to the fore soon after disaster strikes, We have seen such in many countries when stuff becomes unavailable.
        I expect that to happen here too.

...and why not cover the possibility?

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it"

JMO

OC

Comment

I'd like to get this thread back on topic by offering these suggestions for apartment storage. Try building a frame, on which you can place your bed and fill the inside with preps. Another place often forgotten, is above cabinets. There is plenty of storage between the top of the cabinet and the ceiling. Generally speaking, going up is a good thing. Any place you can build or use prefab shelves, will be your friend. Originally from NYC, I can tell you that storage is an issue and ultimately, you may want to consider a storage unit? Not only might you store you preps there but I've heard that some might even consider it for the bug out location? I think that would be a mistake, as storage facility are some of the first places the zombies will go looking for gear.
          JUST CAUSE THEY SAY IT DON'T MAKE IT TRUE And if it comes from Info Wars or Alex Jones, it's probably BULLSHIT!

Steve Bannon in his own words, speaks on Breitbart and the alt right http://www.theinvestigativefund.org/..._nationalists/

Know the FACTS b4 going off half cocked

Comment

There are 2 places in most apartments no one has mentioned and maybe its from never looking at what is right in front of them and underfoot.

A/C units have 2 sets of ductwork. You have the feed into the house or rooms and then the return. The feeder duct has big jumps in temperatures which might not be great for storage but the return ducts are consistently room temperature and are usually huge for their purpose. As long as air flows freely you can use them for storage .

A bent screw so you only have to turn it 90 degrees to open and close works well. Get some white anodized screws so the scratches wont show like they do on painted screws. If your ducts are bare metal its better because it doesn't show tampering as much as paint

A shelf painted to match the color in a closet, above the door on the inside works great and easily missed even in a detailed search

Buy a large electrical enclosure, mount it with some electrical conduit leading into a blind hole in the dry wall, put decals saying high voltage and put it in the open. Its so obvious its devious. I know a guy who has 3 of these in his shop running 3 phase but only 1 is hooked up, the other 2 are gun safes.
            Last edited by Quietsurvivalist; 01-10-2017, 01:32 PM.
            http://quietsurvivalist.com

Comment

Working...
            X